Thursday, December 15, 2005

To Drewmanji:

Dear Andrew,

As you know, all the cool kids in Silverlake are conservative as opposed to you neoconhippierascistliberals in Ida-HO!

Enough of that. I can only check blogs from home (the school blocks them now), thus messing up my routine. Anyhow, I've got a band now. It's too bad you aren't around or you could probably join. I've just finished my first cup of coffee and it's quite dark, staining the inside of my cup.

I've had some trouble brewing a satisfyingly dark cup of Cajun Coffee as Poppo calls it. He also calls my coffee a WMD. Being poorish these days; however, I've been trying to save on coffee consumption by making lighter pots. Such is life, or "asi es la vide" as they say south of the border.

I've been into swanky, dirty, country rock these days. Stuff that has the smell of Dylan's mid-seventies Rolling Thunder Revue. I'm also finishing up "The Glory of Their Times" and it's beautiful. I'm not sure why I'd never read it. They took a lot of the quotes from it for Ken Burns' movie and it's all about the early part of the century, so it's the good stuff. I'm not sure what to read next, so I'll take your recommendation.

I've got a dog and she is adorable. Today, however, she has diarrhea. Doggie diarrhea isn't a cool thing. We're really looking forward to seeing you guys this winter. It should be a blast. Anyhow, let's keep this up.

Sincerely,

James

1 comment:

Andrew said...

what exactly would a "neoconhippierascistliberal" look like? because i'm intrigued. in fact, sign me up!