Tuesday, November 21, 2006

11.21.2006

you can be taken back by a death for any number of reasons. i remember when i was visiting missouri as a kid. mickey mantle and jerry garcia died in the same week. i appreciate robert altaman in the same distant sense.

4 comments:

kcs said...

I remember hereing "he's gone" on 101.9, one of LA's many attempts at Indipendent radio, and wondering what the hell is the dead doing on here. Then I remember being up at griffith park for a vigil/smoke weed and dance to bongos for jerry. I have a vivid image of a cop in riot gear rising up over the hill on horse back,; seeing only his shadow, against the pale yellow light that flickered behind him reflecting off the fog. I know it sounds rediculus but that's how the party ended in my head.

andy said...

Jesse, I know for a fact that you were down at least 7 pints of PBR when you posted this.

Seriously said...

i was also watching kramer be funny.

Andrew said...

word to everything