Thursday, January 17, 2008

Milk of Good

I try and leave the house as quietly as possible these days. The routine goes as such: I leave for work when Jack is generally quiet. He seems to sleep from about 4:30ish to 6:30ish (though Robyn might disagree on the length). I usually email Robyn at about ten to find out she only slept for an hour or two and that he woke up right after I left. When I come home, I grab something to eat, wait until he's done feeding and hold him while Robyn sleeps or takes a bath. This is when I usually watch movies. Yesterday's fare was No Direction Home and No Country for Old Men. This lasted until 7:30 (when Robyn woke up from her nap). I then went for a jog (running- and NoDoz- help the energy), came back, and started making dinner while robyn pumped milk. We finished dinner at about 9:00. Robyn then nursed Jack while I started a rewrite. She came up at about 9:30 and handed him off to me. I went down stairs and wrote with one hand until about 11:00 (finishing the said rewrite while rocking him), checked some internet, and then watched the first half of There Will Be Blood until about 12:30. When I took him up, Robyn nursed him and began her off and on shift that lasted until around 4:30. I pushed sleep until 6:00 before waking up to shower and leave- which brings us back to the quiet morning of not wanting to wakey wakey the baby. Thus, not making breakfast or a lunch (which I should really prepare the night before) I stopped at AM/PM on the way to work to purchase tre Tiger's Milk bars and a V8 Splash. One for breakfast, break, and lunch. I also took NoDoz.

11 comments:

KMOB said...

are you watching screeners?

Seriously said...

i can't speak of where i get them. we should not be talking here. it's a secret.

Seriously said...

babies = no eat and no sleep. but lots of love :) i think jack slept off and on for about 3-4 hours last night. i'm sleepy!

Seriously said...

that last comment is from your wife

Sycz said...

Do you still have your caopy of those delicious movies? Especially, There Will Be Blood?

Sycz said...

And first thing Jorge did this morning was hit me in the shoulder and said "that was from seriously!"

Seriously said...

My plan was a success. More to follow.

Andrew said...

It gets easier, I promise.

How are your illegal movies? I want to see all of them.

Robyn - hit Jesse for me. Eight can play at this game.

Seriously said...

say wha?

Sycz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kcs said...

jackson, pee on jesse.