After going for a walk around the lake with Jack this morning, I put on Mary Poppins. As we were watching, I got this cool idea to model the Charlie Patton movie after Mary Poppins. One could easily see Harry Smith in the Bert role, narrating in some sort of psychedelic haze with Charlie popping in and out of rural African American art made from found objects like broken glass and barbed wire. Robert Johnson and Son House could be the kids. His dad could be the banker dad. Charlie could even come floating in on a cloud playing his guitar and drinking bourbon.
Time to go play drums in the garage. Jonathan Safran Foer is coming to my school tomorrow, so I may watch Everything is Illuminated before I go to bed.
Sunday, November 08, 2009
Charlie Poppins!
Posted by
Seriously
at
7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment