It is Father's Day. It has been some time since I wrote at the Woolly. I feel that, for posterity at the very least, I must keep on writing things here. Today was a good day. For Father's Day, I kind of wanted to just go in the garage and write all day. I wanted some quiet and solitude. Instead, I got lots of kid time, which was better and more fun.
Jack, Simon, and Robyn woke me up. Jack brought be a bottle of beer and a watch. The watch was/ is a sweet Timex. I feel like an adult now. It needs a battery, but I've worn it all day despite this deficiency.
Robyn made breakfast. This is something of a rarity, but it was delicious. Sausage biscuits and cheese. She just started drinking (and making) coffee. I felt spoiled. It was nice.
Robyn wanted to clean, so I took Jack and Simon for a walk around the lake. Jack ran some. He also picked up dirt along the way. It was fun. We stopped at the park. He slid. Then we made our way back.
Then Jack and I went to Travel Town. We watched people play with trains. We then rode the train. After, we went to Jamba Juice. Everything was good.
When we got home, Jack went down for a nap and I got my garage time. I got that bit of garage writerly solitude in. I also drank the beer. It was fun. When Jack woke up I took him and Simon to the store. We got steak and charcoal. I then cooked the steak with some vegetables. I just finished watching an episode of Generation Kill. Now everyone is asleep and I have some stuff to do. It was a fun Father's Day.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Father's Day
Posted by
Seriously
at
8:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment