Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I've Only Cried Twice

Honest. I've only cried twice while listening to music. Actually, I've cried three times. The first time, a friend of mine had just died. I was at a Neil Young show and he sang "Long May You Run." The second time was earlier this year, "San Antonio Rose" came on during a drive back to Whittier. Robyn and myself had just visited my Grandma who was dying.

The third came today while scrapping dried paint off a ceiling ten feet or so in the air. "Long May You Run" came on and I started thinking about the trips to Montana, Big Sur, long nights, driving slow, the window down, eating friend chicken in Utah, trips to Po' Folks, parked boats, good conversations, and bad imitation sheep skin...

In so many words...

maybe the beach boys
have got you now
with those waves, singing
caroline no.
rollin' down that empty ocean road
gettin' to the surf on time

...with your chrome heart shining, in the sun...

it's just a car, but when neil young's cracked falsetto pined for "trunks of memories still to come," I lost it.

5 comments:

kcs said...

what does this mean? is she gone?

Seriously said...

as of today. done.

Sycz said...

I am hurt. So sad.

kcs said...

me too, Hi sycz we're on at the same time. That's neat.

Dan said...

sorry jesse